Are you a charity that serves the Calgary region? If so, would you like to be considered for a donation? Only members in good standing may nominate a local charity but why not get some exposure and spread the good word about your organization. Join our LinkedIn group, follow us on Twitter, and ‘Like’ us on Facebook. We are committed to raising awareness for all our local charities!
Only members of 100 Men Who Give A Damn! – Calgary are eligible to nominate a charity/organization in the Calgary area. There is no proxy voting.
In order to be considered to present at a meeting the charity must be:
- Based in or service the Calgary area,
- A registered charitable organization able to provide charitable tax receipts for donations (verify with CRA here).
- Previously established for at least 1 year (no start-ups please).
- No national or international charities, programs or organizations will be considered at this time as the focus is on contributing to our local community. Organizations with a national link may be nominated, provided the request is for a project to be delivered and funded within the Calgary area.
- Programs within a large organization (e.g., a specific department or program within a hospital), will be considered if there is proof that this program is not funded by the organization or its foundation.
- Members of 100 Men Who Give A Damn! – Calgary may nominate a charitable organization for consideration upon joining/renewing.
- Three (3) charities, previously verified as eligible by 100 Men, will be selected by blind draw one week prior to a meeting.
- Once notified of their selection, nominated charities are required to keep their participation strictly confidential prior to the meeting.
- Representatives of the selected charities will make a 5-minute presentation at the meeting
- Members of 100 Men Who Give A Damn! – Calgary will vote by secret ballot to select one of the three presenting charities to receive 100% of the donations that evening.
- The organization with the greatest number of votes will be the recipient of the total funds donated and will be ineligible to receive funds from 100 Men Who Give A Damn! – Calgary for three (3) years.
- The two charities not selected may be nominated again.
- All three selected charities will be allowed to bring brochures, which may be left at the back of the room after their presentations.
- The recipient charity must agree to provide tax receipts directly to the donors.
- The recipient charity must on first contact with each donor, ask how frequently the donor can be contacted in the future. Charities are not to assume the donors wish to be on the charity’s mailing list.
- A request will be made of the recipient charity to present an update on their use of the donation at the next meeting of 100 Men Who Give A Damn! – Calgary.
- 100 Men Who Give a Damn! – Calgary reserves the right to amend these eligibility criteria when appropriate, without consultation with the nominated charities.