How it Works100 Men Calgary
Giving should be easy AND fun! Now it is. Join us here.
- 100 men (or more) get together in Calgary, who care about local community causes and want to help.
- Meet for the evening.
- Together learn more about local charities or not-for-profit organizations and one is chosen by a simple majority vote.
- Each donate $100 that goes to the organization selected for that quarter and watch how the group’s commitment turns into a $10,000+ donation.
- Repeat process four times a year and witness how $40,000 will powerfully impact our neighbours when placed in the hands of deserving local agencies working to serve the community.
How We Work
- By joining you are making a commitment to donate $100 per meeting, four times per year to four different local charities.
- Charities are nominated by the membership (must be in good standing). There are eligibility requirements required by CRA.
- Ahead of each meeting three charities are randomly chosen by the board from the database of eligible charities. Each member that nominated the respective charities are then invited to present at our quarterly meeting.
- Members will not know which three charities are presenting until they arrive at the meeting.
- Each member who has signed a Commitment Form and who is current with his donations may vote (by ballot) for one of the three organizations.
- Each member will donate $100 to the organization that receives the most votes.
- Members who did not vote for the selected organization agree to make their donation regardless.
- The selected organization will receive a group donation of $10,000 or more!
- There is no proxy voting, but members who can’t attend must ensure their donation reaches their ‘buddy’ or the meeting organizers.
- Members will receive a tax receipt directly from the organization.
- Note: donations made directly to the recipient charity and online donations do not count towards your commitment – only donations handled by 100 Men Calgary count.
- Organizations under consideration must serve the Calgary area and provide individual tax receipts directly to contributing members.
- An organization not selected at one meeting may be submitted again at a subsequent meeting.
- Ties will be decided by randomly selecting one of the tied organizations by draw.
- The selected organization must agree not to give out member information to any third parties except for tax purposes.
- Each meeting will include an update from the successful organization on how the donated funds from the previous meeting were used to create a powerful impact.
- committed to supporting others in our community but you’re stretched for time?
- interested in being part of a powerful group of local men having an immediate, direct and positive impact on the lives of our neighbours?
- all for having 100% of your donations go directly to local charity?
- eager to learn more about the many worthy charities, community programs and organizations serving folks in need in Calgary?
Join 100 Men Who Give A Damn
to help make a difference!